- Regional #1 Winner
- Regional #2 Chairmans
- World Competition Quarterfianalists
- Additional Awards Innovation in Control
Robot Quick Info
- Name Sir LanceABot
- Year 2010
- Weight 120 lbs
- Programming Language Labview
- Status Decommissioned
- Game Breakaway
- Initial Size 37″ x 26″ x 59.5″
- Extended Size 37″ x 26″ x 11′
- “Walking Beam” consisted of 8 wheels in pairs that pivoted on two axes to provide stable footing on any terrain.
- Powerful wooden kicker bar
- Side-firing pistons
- Powerful aiming abilities
- Manufacturing the walking beam was most difficult since it needed to be strong enough to take a beating during the matches.
- This year was a difficult year to dominate the game, but we did fairly well. We were still a major force within the arena due to our widespread marketing presence and our eventual chairman’s win for the 2nd year. World competitions went wonderfully as well, even though our wheels started to lose traction halfway through the event, but we kept an impressive lead throughout the entire arena for a day.