Robot Quick Facts
Name: Sir Lance-A-Bot
Weight: 120 lbs
Programming Language: Labview
Initial Size: 37″ x 26″ x 59.5″
Extended Size: 37″ x 26″ x 11′
- Wisconsin Regional: Creativity Award sponsored by Xerox
- Minnesota 10000 Lakes Regional: Chairman’s, Woodie Flowers Award Finalist (Joe Passofaro)
- “Walking Beam” consisted of 8 wheels in pairs that pivoted on two axes to provide stable footing on any terrain.
- Powerful wooden kicker bar
- Side-firing pistons
- Powerful aiming abilities
Minnesota 10000 Lakes Regional
- In the autonomous period, there was a vision target for teams to use in order to guide their team towards the scoring area. We attempted to code for this, which ate up a significant portion of the season.
- As rookies, finding a space to work proved to be difficult. The team found shelter from the desolate plains in a local barn. Unheated and shared with horses, the team worked with hand tools to complete their first robot. focusing on simplicity, the team had only one mechanism on their bot: a ramp.