- Where: Prior Lake High School CAD Lab
- Week: TBD
- Time: 10:00am – 2:30pm
- Lunch: BYO, Lunchtime snack included in registration cost
- Age: 2017-2018 7th-12th Graders
- Cost: TBD
- This year KING TeC is trying something never done before. Drone camp is the newest summer camp concept for us and we are excited for you to be apart of it. Join us in designing, building, and flying drones in small teams. To begin the camp you will get to be in a team of 3-4 with a KING TeC mentor to guide you through the coming week.
- You will get your drone parts and a prebuilt drone the first day and begin tinkering around. We will go over how to safely fly drones according to the FAA hobbyist guidelines to ensure that we are all safe and to lay a foundation of knowledge for you to look back on as drones become more and more prevalent in your day to day life. By day three you will have the opportunity to learn a bit of CAD and use our 3D printer. By day six you will be programming, and soon after that you will be flying!
- The last two days of our camp will our competition, where your team will compete in a mix of racing, and obstacle courses to score points and have fun! This will be open to everyone in the community and a place to show off all you have worked for!
- This is going to be a two weeks to remember. This is the first camp of its kind, and this is an incredible opportunity to learn more about drones while having a blast. Space is going to be limited, and we won’t be able to run the camp until next summer so if you want to join us in making history you can register now by filling out the Google Form below.
What will students gain from this camp?
- Learn and practice following FAA sUAS regulation.
- Necessary teamwork skills
- Experience in a growing industry
- Two new drones
- Fun with friends!