FLL Explore Information Night Presentation (Jr. FLL)
FLL Explore Registration Link (registration and online payment option also available at the bottom of this page)
More information regarding FIRST LEGO League Explore programming in Minnesota can be found on the High Tech Kids website.
Prior Lake Coach Contact Information
- A fun program where kids learn how to build simple machines using LEGOs, create a motorized moving model using LEGO WeDo2.0, and present what they discovered on a show me poster at a state qualifying tournament.
- Teams of 4-5 students from grades K – 3, coached by parents (don’t worry, no experience required), and mentored by members of KING TeC.
- To inspire kids in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. The very motto of FIRST stands for For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology.
When and Where?
- Starting in September
- Ending the weekend before Thanksgiving
- Build nights at PLHS once a week (Tuesday or Thursday options)
Help us Inspire the Leaders of Tomorrow
KING TeC programs will be following the policies and rules of the PLSAS school district in regard to health and safety relating to COVID.
Our intention is to have a fully in person season from start to finish. In the event that PLHS is no longer available for the program, we are preparing alternative plans. This includes sending equipment home (LEGOs, robots, maps, tables, etc.) so the teams can continue to work on their projects. During the 2020-2021 season, High Tech Kids and FIRST made use of the video streaming chat program Discord to allow teams to communicate with each other as well as holding remote competitions. We will be working in a similar manner.
Note that in the event equipment does have to go home with the teams, we will be rolling out forms that one or more adults on the team will fill out to assume liability of the equipment until it is returned to KING TeC.
More details including the policy specifics and forms will be coming soon.
FLL Explore Registration and Online Payment Option, See form for details: